Friday, May 25, 2012

Moving On

Every day is probably going to be a struggle for me, but now that it's been a few days since I found out this news I am back at work for a half day. I decided that it's also a good idea to see a counselor to talk to about my issues and see how I can take the brightest possible path in my grief process.

But before I go on about how I plan on moving on - I just wanted to say that I am sooo glad I wrote that post yesterday. I am still hurting but somehow it hurts far less. I have received so many messages wishing me and Brian well and even some people reaching out saying they've gone through the same thing that I have been going through this week. The best part of reading those messages certainly is knowing that I'm not alone. I am looking forward to a good old fashioned sob-fest this weekend with a good friend who has gone through something similar and now has a beautiful baby boy!

Anyways - I'm committed to not letting myself go down a dark path.

There is a bright future for me and Brian - I'm sure of it. Until then, I'm committed to making myself better and taking it all one day at a time.

This final clip from the movie castaway says a lot about how I'm feeling now and what I need to do to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Easley...one of the quotes I keep in my studio and refer to when life gets rough is "You must let your heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God." (Joe Curran) Know you are not alone in your sadness. Your experience reminds me that each and every person, no matter how cheerful, beautiful, bright, or nice carries a secret sadness in their heart. Mitzi

    ReplyDelete