Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Some things to look forward to

As part of my healing process - the husband and I have decided we need to have something to look forward to. So on a whim, soon after finding out about the miscarriage, we agreed it would be fun to take a trip up to Minnesota to see a baseball game and go shopping (so something for each of us!) We're going to stay in a nice hotel for the night and probably check out some fun restaurants! We are both really looking forward to trying a genuine "Jucy (sic) Lucy" from Matt's (as seen on Man v. Food). We are both convinced that the 5-8 Club (a rival restaurant who claims to have invented the Juicy Lucy) are a bunch of frauds and we want the original!

I am looking forward to getting away and doing something fun!

But I decided I needed something sooner than that. HAH! I just called a spa and set myself up for a real facial and massage gosh darnit! None of that PCI/student workers and having to have someone come up and check with me that they did a good job! So that'll be my Saturday morning... And I've never done this before, but I had this convo on the phone:

Me: I don't want to sound snotty, but I'm coming in because I'm having a very difficult week and I'd prefer if we don't talk during our services.
Salon: Oh that's totally fine, they usually think that clients get more out of the service when there isn't any discussion.
Me: Thanks! Just make sure you put a note in there there I don't want to talk about ANYTHING.



1 comment:

  1. I'm about to schedule a spa facial myself!! =) Groupon again... and good idea telling them "no shmooze-talk!"

    ReplyDelete