Monday, June 25, 2012

Hives or Mosquito Bites?

Lets play a game called count the dots.

I'm almost embarrassed to post this... Hairy legs... hives or mosquito bites, swollen pink feet :(


I'm not really sure if they're bug bites or if they're hives on my legs right now. I can confirm that they itch like crazy and that they appeared to start on my feet in the middle of Saturday night.

Yes, those are bites on my toes and some even travel to the bottom(ish) of my feet. This is unbelievable.

They LOOK like mosquito bites to me. Yes, they are really big, but I think my reaction to mosquitos is pretty much just like this... there are a few that look plenty bigger than they ought to be. But typically I do get those big poofy bites.

They are primarily on my knees and below with it's concentration on my feet. I woke up in the middle of the night scratching and scratching. The hubs just kept saying "you need to stop scratching them, they will get worse if you scratch them."

To which I replied with an elbow to his eye.

Just kidding. But I felt like doing that.

When you have an itchy skin irritation, you can't sleep... you can't focus... it's just freaking annoying!

I'm going to see the doctor in about an hour and a half and see what she can come up with. I'm hoping for some of the good stuff... it's getting a little unbearable right now!

9 comments:

  1. bites/hives on your TOES is worse than Chinese Water Torture!! GL at the doctor's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks terrible; I can't imagine them just being mosquito bites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all motel becomes sleep bugs, not all motel provides made bed bugs.
    pest control

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same issue... Did you ever find out what it was?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the nuisances that I can barely take is definitely mosquito bites. It’s sooo annoying that it gives me a hard time to concentrate on other things because I keep on scratching those bites. I thank the day my mom finally decided to have a mosquito barrier spray installed in our house. Since then, those pesky little insects are no longer problems for us.

    Maurine Roe

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I might just break down if I have mosquito bites all over my legs! What I do to avoid this is to apply an insect repellent every 2-3 hours. What I love about my insect repellent is that it is naturally made, which means I can liberally apply it without the fear of getting any side effects. I suggest you make one too! You just have to mix a scent with distilled water or rubbing alcohol. Shake it well and that’s it. You have a ready to use, naturally made insect repellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely hives. I suffer from stress hives, hives if I get too cold and hives for what I believe.. no apparent reason at all... they look so similar to bug bites that have been scratched until they look like red golf ball size welts.. I suggest going to a dermatologist. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you ever find out what it was, my son woke up with the same exact bumps on his feet and legs and google is not helpful ��

    ReplyDelete