Friday, June 22, 2012

Saving the Planet - One Book At A Time

It was about a month ago when I was asked to help clean out the office of a former faculty in my building. He left, literally, at least 100 textbooks for us to clean up.

First of all: What an @$$ for making someone else clean up after you.
Second of all: They were going to THROW THE BOOKS AWAY!

Since I'm a green, earth loving awesome person, I told them NOT to throw away the books and that I would hold onto them until the next semester's book drive. Quietly, I've offered to take on the books of faculty that are leaving... so my pile went from this:

Hidden neatly behind my file cabinet.
To this:
Close up... they look scary!
This is what my office looks like...
 So when people pass me by right now and ask me why I have so many books I'm just telling them, "I read a lot."

If I can't donate them, I'd like to have an in home library like in Beauty and the Beast. I think I'm about halfway there!

Like this, but without the stockholm syndrome.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE books, and I love reading- but that's aLOT of text books!! lol

    ReplyDelete