Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Some People - WWYD?

This weekend went by too fast (and it's Tuesday already?) but we had a lot of fun.

On Saturday, I finally cashed in on the facial gift certificate Brian got me for my birthday. There's just something relaxing about someone extracting gunk from my pores. I'm really weird. Yes, it's true.

The rest of the day I spent with Nolan while Brian went to the men's basketball game.

Sunday was great too! We went to Des Moines to hang with some friends while watching the super bowl. Nolan got to play with his baby friends and he was the big kid as the other two were 4 and 5 months old. I was proud that our little guy was sitting up and it was great to see how far he's come looking at the other babies reaching those milestones that Nolan reached the month before. (not trying to sound sanctimonious here, just saying that he's a month older and can do new things now)

It just reminds me that time goes so fast and he's growing up so quickly!

I do have one comment from the weekend though. I don't understand some people. We were at Brian's aunt's home and we were chatting while Nolan played on the floor and some douche canoe (who I will call this to his face so please feel free to share) named GEORGE decides that he will bring up the fact that NO babies are cute. He knew Brian's Grandma... so Salton family, feel free to nut punch this George guy on my behalf. While in the presence of me and MY BABY, while looking at MY BABY, he thinks it is somehow appropriate to say that he's NEVER seen a cute baby. Not "Oh I never have seen a cute baby until today" or whatever. But no, he's just straight up saying my baby isn't cute.

I beg to effing differ.

I didn't say anything at the time because, you know, I don't want to be rude... but this ass monkey decides that it's just perfectly acceptable conversation to bring up that babies aren't cute. Ok, you may say that he's generalizing... whatever. I wish I had said something though!

This is the same generation that says that "kids these days" don't respect their elders and stuff.

I wish I could turn back time and really give this guy a piece of my mind but I stayed quiet, you know, because I'm not disrespectful.
My baby is a freakin' model.
What would you do? 

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gawd. Nolan is so freaking adorable! nut-punch to this "George" character... (must have been an ugly baby himself...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's blind and a moron. Your Nolan is an absolute doll.

    ReplyDelete