Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Teether Sutherland

Prediction: By this time next week, my baby boy will have cut his two front teeth on top. 

Teething has to be about the most painful thing for a baby. Luckily, I don't remember that pain beyond losing a baby tooth and having a new tooth grow in. But my poor lil guy is in a really crummy mood because those teeth are just about to cut through. I can see the whites underneath the pink gums. 

So I do what I can. I give him the cold teethers. He looks at me like I'm crazy for giving him anything lower than room temperature, but then again he doesn't discriminate and he starts biting away. I'm not sure that helps his pain though.

I think the best thing on the planet for us so far has been baby tylenol. 

I'm trying not to go overboard but the poor little guy deserves pain relief! 

Nolan is adapting. He's found that his binky works well as a teether in a pinch. 

Hands AND binky! A delightful combination.
Trying to reach for my camera
Yeah, just the top of the binky. No need for that rubber bit.

1 comment:

  1. (I just commented, I think blogger ate it....)
    Ben gnaws on his pacifier CONSTANTLY... alas, no teeth in sight yet...

    ReplyDelete