Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sick Boy and Ugly Sweaters



It may interest you to know that my little man is having a crummy xmas so far. Monday and Tuesday he woke up with a fever over 100 degrees and has a terrible cough. 

I took him to the doctor on Monday because I didn't want whatever he has to turn into a big thing on xmas morning or something. Lungs clear, ears clear, throat clear... just a cold or maybe the flu she said. But given his demeanor, I feel like it's not the flu. If I give him a little motrin his fever goes away and he turns back into Mr. Happy Boy with a side of a hacking cough.


Here's hoping it all clears up before Friday! Because we're going to Omaha for the Salton side of the family celebration! We did a secret santa this year which is really the only way I like to do it anymore. We just send each other (copying the whole family) a short list of things that cost around $30 and then we have fun guessing who has whom. (Did I just use whom correctly? I have no clue)

Speaking of Santa... I had a little fun of my own creating an ugly xmas sweater for Brian this year! He gave his old VEST away and it had bells and everything. It was ugly for sure! But Brian really wanted to participate this year and instead of buying an overpriced ugly sweater (because everyone wants them now they are a hot commodity) I decided to make him a little something. 


Since the photo was taken from a distance, you might not recognize there are actual working lights on the tree! That twinkle! Another detail I'm really fond of is the Naught/Nice list that santa is holding with names of Brian's coworkers. 

He won most creative. Damn right! I can't make an ugly sweater!

Anyways, happy whatever you celebrate or don't celebrate this time of year! Hope it's great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment