Friday, December 12, 2014

The Rut Report

I've been doing the same thing for quite some time now. Drop Nolan off at daycare, go to work, pick Nolan up, go home, make dinner, put Nolan to bed, watch TV, go to sleep.

It's getting really boring.

So I'm trying to get out of my rut by shaking things up a bit!

Yesterday, since it's so cold out (and dark), I decided that Nolan could use some indoor playing! So I took him to the mall and let him play in the little activity area they have. Nolan got creative and started sliding down the stair part of the slide. When he first did it I thought he fell and I ran to help him up but when I got him he was giggling!

That little stinker.

He did that on the stairs probably 5 or 6 more times laughing all the way down.

It was nice to shake things up a bit. By the time I got home, Brian was ALMOST home from work, and I started dinner and I think Nolan and I each were flying high from the fun time at the mall.

And as I type this I realize I forgot to mention that we did a photo booth too! And of course they give you strips and I took it out of my coat so I can't scan a picture for the blog. Nolan didn't enjoy the photo booth as much as I did though so it's not like you're missing much.

What he really enjoyed though was the "rides" that they offer. In particular, there was this spaceship that had buttons and joysticks to play with. I didn't even have to put money in the machine for him to love it!


My little astronaut!
It helps to get out of the house when you're in a rut like I was. So I'm thinking of making this trip to the mall a weekly thing! Just to get us both an option to see what's out there. And I'll try not to shop too much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment