Monday, January 4, 2016

37 Weeks and Term


So 37 weeks means that I could have this baby annnny day now and theoretically everything is well developed and ready for the outside. I'm guessing this little man is just going to pack on the pounds before making his entrance.

Maybe more importantly on this day I need to talk about how Nolan started a new daycare this morning. I have to admit that it was MUCH harder for me than it probably was for him, but I know he wasn't having the best time as I was leaving this morning.

Brian and I both decided to take him into daycare this morning so that Brian would get to know the lay of the land at the new place. When we brought him in, Nolan saw the kids in the playroom and he kept shouting, "Friends... Friends!!!" It's because of that I know he was going to be just fine... but of course Brian and I hugged Nolan quite a bit more this morning and talked to him about the toys in the room and asked him if there was anything he wanted to play with. Really he only wanted to be hugged by us and it was just heartbreaking to leave him.

I can't wait to leave work today and pick him up and get the longest, most satisfying hug ever. These days are just far too long.

Just before going to a new daycare, however, Nolan and I did enjoy 11 work-free days in a row together for the holiday break. That's definitely something I feel like I can take advantage of year after year. Maybe next year I'll take even more time off to get a longer break with little man/men.

What I'm looking forward to right now (besides baby) is Saturday! It's my birthday and I'm going to get a prenatal massage and facial! I'm so freaking excited for these appointments as I've booked them MONTHS ago. I don't spoil myself much anymore because I have to adult and save money so I'm cutting out the pampering but my birthday is an exception. Be jealous! I'm excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment