Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Other Two Week Wait





The Two Week Wait (TWW) is so ubiquitous when it comes to actually making the baby that it's hard to believe that I'm on the other end of the TWW. For perspective purposes, the two week wait is when time slows down to a standstill and you have to wait an eternity to take a pregnancy test. The TWW is often abbreviated to 9 or 10 days, especially when you're impatient like me.

Well here we are... on the other end of the TWW where I'm 38 weeks pregnant and +/- 2 weeks away from having this little man! For my own sanity I hope that it's tonight that he decides to show up because the other TWW symptoms are also pretty monstrous.

Trying to get up from sitting down:

You think... maybe you're in labor... ?:
This... umm happened to a friend of mine.

When the doctor makes you pee in a cup smaller than 1" in diameter and your visibility is 0.
I can't even find a gif or image that wouldn't get me in trouble for googling right now... sorry.

What I love about this time is also what I hate about this time: the not knowing. When I had Nolan I had a dramatic water breaking incident that, luckily, was confined to my house and not in public. But it was so obviously my water breaking that I knew it was time. Brian and I hustled out of the house quickly and made it to the doc because when your water breaks you don't need to time contractions until you're 5 minutes apart and yadda yadda yadda.

Now I'm in the not knowing stage again. I am HOPING for a water breaking incident but not counting on it.

I've got 12 days until my due date. Nolan was 2 days late. I've been given no indication that a previous baby's arrival will effect this baby's arrival... so really we're I can't even make an educated guess.

Send labor vibes my way, people!

Thanks to Kate from The Buggy List for planting the TWW idea in my head nearly 3 years ago now!

1 comment: