Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Baby's About Done Cooking

EEK, I'm 39 weeks 1 day pregnant.

This is seriously such an exciting time in my life right now. There's all the "what is that?" drama of contractions and ahem "water breaking" incidents. My favorite thing right now, since they're not painful, is the "is that a real contraction?" feeling I get every once in a while.

Since I'm not really in any particular hurry to have this baby other than the fact than I want to meet him, I have to say the "is this it?" drama really bodes well with me. My inner kid on christmas morning feeling floods my heart when I wonder if that weird pain I just felt was a real contraction.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But I get to have fun timing them none-the-less!

If I have time to think about it then it's really exciting. And by time, I just mean if I happen to have my phone handy and my contraction timer app at the ready.

Right now I've been feeling something but that could be any number of things including but not limited to:

  • Baby stretching, dancing, and bumping his head in the lower reeg thus causing a little twinge
  • Gas pains (oh lordy)
  • Contractions?????? MAYBE?????
One thing's for sure... I am definitely having braxton hicks contractions. But whether or not they're indicating early labor is still up for debate.

The pain I've been feeling is similar to what I remember with Nolan, but I could be projecting that pain on what I'm feeling and just associating them together. I definitely feel a weight on my stomach when I'm standing up which usually turns into a contraction. I feel tightness when I'm walking which also gives me that lower pain. All of it could me nothing or it could mean something... I dunno.

But I'm 39 weeks 1 day pregnant. 6 days away from my due date!
 


It's also worth mentioning that the entire fam has been sick as a dog in one way or another for about a week. Nolan got a terrible stomach bug (we all got the flu shot so I don't think it was officially the flu) on the night of my birthday. Around 11pm we were all awoken by Nolan throwing up... poor little man! Brian and I thankfully each took care of our respective roles in getting him and his room back into shape for him to sleep later. Brian took care of the sheets/laundry while I took Nolan in the shower to clean off his hair and body from the yuckiness. It was a pretty smooth parenting situation if I do say so myself. Each of us just kind of took care of different things without really discussing it which I am quite proud of.

I decided to stay up with little man, giving him whatever he needed (mostly cuddles) until we were both ready to fall back asleep. Then I win the Macarthur Genius Grant for laying down not one, but two layers of towels on the pillow and bed underneath Nolan and then cosleeping with him until he woke up again to vomiting. The vom got on the towels!

Poor little man wasn't up for much the next day having a slight fever and all so we took to watching cartoons and basically did whatever he wanted to do. We stayed home from work/daycare on Monday/Tuesday to keep the other kiddos safe.

Then of course Friday morning I got sick with whatever Nolan had... or probably what he had. I woke up in the 3:00am hour feeling nauseated and I attributed that to a small dinner I had the night before and considered myself hungry. If I ate a little something then maybe the nausea would go away.

Well it didn't. And I got sick. Barely making the toilet.

You know what's fun about being 38 weeks and some change pregnant and puking your guts out? Absolutely nothing! I was a mess all day scared shitless that I was going to go into labor feeling that sick. I spent the day drinking water and gatorade and taking baths. Thank goodness labor didn't start then and now I'm a few days released from that pain and agony and now I'm back on the "this baby could come any day now" excitement train.

Did I mention I have a f&*(%**& cold now?

Send labor vibes!

1 comment: