Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Gangsta

On my last day of work before maternity leave I got kicked out of my desk because they're working on some electrical stuff so I'm in the student computer lab #represent.

As I'm officially 2 days overdue, I'm definitely still excited but kind of anxious because nothing appears to be happening right now. I've felt what I thought were contractions for days now but nothing to show for it. Tomorrow I have my big appointment with ultrasound/NST/midwife and I'm going to talk to her about an induction date.
40w2d - still in prematernity pants!
My mom has been in town the past few days because I've been pretty convinced something was going to go down as early as Saturday. She's been AWESOME with Nolan and helping to keep my house clean. Both Brian and myself could use a little work in keeping the house tidy. I'm sure she's annoyed at having to revert to her role as my mom in MY house but she's keeping a smile on her face. We even ordered pizza last night, which, teenager me would have loved. If I treat my mom like teenager me would like to be treated, we're doing ok right?

Today, Nolan is at daycare while my mom goes and visits some people from home. I still feel like no matter what the structure of daycare is really good for him. And it gives him an opportunity to interact with the other kiddos and burn off energy! Since I've been zapped for energy since he was born it's really good for him to channel his energy into some productive play and art time.

BONUS: Asked someone for a kleenex in the computer lab (at the student helper desk, not a random) and she didn't have any. When I walked back to my computer everyone was looking at me like I have 2 heads.

What? You've never seen someone about to explode before?

1 comment:

  1. Having button in daycare the first few weeks was (and still is!) A lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete