Monday, January 25, 2016

Due Date Smue Date

January 25, 2016

Today's my due date! This is freaking exciting... but also an extremely frustrating time to be a human.

This weekend I could have swore up and down something was going to happen! My contractions were starting to feel like something bigger than BH contractions. There was a "wave" of adrenaline or something that I would feel just before the tightness started. They were anywhere between 5 minutes (AHH) and like 15 minutes apart.

Remembering from my birthing class - which I only took when I was pregnant with Nolan because I thought I'd remember it all for this time and I didn't have the time to take an entire day to go to a class - that we're supposed to wait until the contractions are long and strong and down to get the friction on before going in to the hospital.

Since I'm still on this side of labor, I can definitely tell you it's way more fun when your water breaks and it's like a fire drill when you're like "it's go time!" There's no timing any contractions when your water breaks, it's just time to get to the hospital and you're on the fast pass to getting admitted and STAYING there.

My last day of work is Wednesday - thank goodness - because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take! Thursday I have booked a looooong day of midwife/ultrasound/NST appointments (per the suggestion and routine of my midwife practice). So I've got that to look forward to! And I suppose that I get to celebrate a 3 day workweek this week (or less... please let it be less).

So let me tell you about my week, cuz since I last updated it hasn't been wonderful.

Windows:

My new window delivery and installation was scheduled for Wednesday last week. Turns out they ordered the windows 3/4" too wide! SONOFABITCH. Our windows are NEEDED to replace the ones that are literally rotting into mulch. I was hoping that we'd get this all taken care of because the baby's room is one that will also be replaced. So apparently we're on the top of the queue for the building of this next set of windows... but we ordered these in October so pardon me for being a bit frustrated to have to wait to do this longer.

Plus sides:
-It will be slightly warmer when they install (I mean, it has to be, right?) so the house won't get as cold as if they did it last week
-While I was home for the install, I noticed the temp in my house was 10 degrees colder than what the thermostat was set for... which means I called the heating guys and brought them out that afternoon to tell me... we have to get a new furnace...

Furnace:

Hear me out, the new furnace thing wasn't exactly a plus - but finding out about the problem when I did made it possible for us to go without heat in the house for 2 days as opposed to probably waiting over the weekend for a new furnace to be installed and waiting for our pipes to freeze or something.

But alas, we did need a new furnace and therefore are spending roughly $4k to keep our house warm (we've got some rebates coming to knock the final cost down to about 3k though).

Plus sides:
-More energy efficient furnace, maybe cost savings will be seen over the next year?
-New thermostat that you can customize a lot more than the one we used to have which will definitely translate to cost savings

Speeding Ticket:


Yup, this is exactly as stupid as it sounds. I don't even want to get into it but I got a fatherf*cking speeding ticket yesterday. Last ticket I got was well before I got married, I want to say at least 6 years ago...  $114 down the drain on top of having to pay for the new furnace.

Plus side:
Eff that noise, they's no plus sides for a speeding ticket!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHH #thankstrump

Until next time, friends... send labor vibes!

At least I got the expectant mother parking spot at the mall! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's your due date!!!! You look amazing, but Cmon little guy! We can't wait to meet you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete