Monday, November 29, 2010

For Today


I am on the right track! I am honestly feeling really great about how I look. I know that in order to really feel fantastic on our wedding day I need to keep hitting the gym hard, and talking walks during my lunch hour.

Sad news, I won't be working out at the YMCA this winter. The YMCA is located about 1.5 miles from the train station, which in the spring/summer/fall can be a great walk or bike ride. I typically work out best if I go straight from work to the gym and the hurdle that I'm facing is that I won't be able to bike until it gets warmer and there are those in the suburbs who find that shoveling snow is an option instead of a requirement.

Flashback - I was walking home in February of this year and I wasn't familiar with the roads and where sidewalks were located on my walk home. If you asked me on my walk home that due to the nature of the roads and the level of snow, I would have said that there is no sidewalk underneath all of that snow. Basically walking home in snow that is just under the height of my boots is hard, a workout in itself actually. The walk home took about 2 times as long as it should have if there was a clear walkway.

Spring rolls around and imagine how frustrated I was when I found that there were indeed sidewalk underneath the 12"+ of snow. Now that I know where those sidewalks are, you can bet your booty I'm going to call in complaints. (Commence old lady transition.... now)

To make this story have a point, I'm going to bike to the YMCA and put my membership on hold in favor of going to the more expensive, less awesome gym that is right next to the train station. Luckily the Y has a membership hold program that costs either $5 or $25 bucks to hold your membership which I plan to restart in March.
***** EDIT *****
Ok so I'm not going to the new gym because they charge a $99 reinstatement fee. In their words "you have to do the paperwork and get your credit card through the system" so that costs an extra hundy? Sorry HealthQuest Fitness, we're not going to be friends this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment