Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I bought my dress!

So now things are getting interesting, I bought my first tangible piece of evidence that I'm actually getting married!


I am trying to keep the dress itself somewhat under wraps but there are pictures floating around if you can keep a secret and just really want to see how effing hotttt I'm gonna look on my wedding day! I don't even want to discuss what it looks like on here for fear that my fiance may actually read my blog before the wedding. That would be a major bummer!

Anyways, I went shopping with Maid of Honor, Liz, Sisters/Bridesmaids, Rachael and Sarah, and my Mom! We had an early appointment at David's Bridal and got there before the doors even opened. I'm glad we did because it appeared that they were relatively busy. I walked in there a little nervous but luckily my consultant, Rachel (no second "a" in her name) asked me my bra and pant size in front of everyone, so that breaks the ice.



I tried on 5 dresses in total which makes me wonder what it's like working with one of those brides who tries on like every dress in the store! I watch way too much Say Yes to the Dress to know that people have tried on over 80 dresses before. All of the dresses were pretty except for number 5 which I just tried on for fun which really was more like a comforter than anything else.

The wedding dress was a gift from my mom! She cried a little when she saw me in it and that made ME cry and then it was an all around cute moment :) Now my biggest problem is that I want to wear the dress EVERYWHERE. And second biggest problem is that my dress is too long to hang in the closet so I'm hanging it on the closet door so it's always in view (in a bag). Sigh... I wish that we could just start this party already!

So yes, if anyone wants to see a picture of me in the dress I might send it to you only if you promise to never show my fiance... unless you want to show him after the wedding then that would be ok.

Here are the losers:

Dress 1 - I really liked this, especially the corsette top and the rouching (spelling?)



Dress 2 - this one was fun and elegant but not really me...





Dress 3 - I didn't really like this one at all! Too plain!




Dress 5 - I tried this one on for fun, the mermaid shape... I found it to look too much like a comforter for my taste.


I said yes to dress #4! SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment