Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Pottah

Helloooooooo to the 3 people who read my blog, about 1 of you on a consistant basis.

I HAVE to tell you about this amazing, dare I say it, MAGICAL, night I had last night.

Most of the 3 of you know that I'm quite obsessed with the Harry Potter francise, perhaps having a crush on a certain Daniel Radcliffe, and also wishing that I was ThatWeasley at times... but alas I can only live vicariously though the movies that come out so infrequently, but when they do it always lives up to my expectations.

So let me tell you something that might have you gasp for breath, please take a seat. I have something POSITIVE to say about my job! Ok is everyone calm now? Well ok I'll tell you anyways... I got hooked up with free tickets to an early showing! Most of those muggles who you've seen facebook status updates about how awesome HP 7.1 was had to wait until the midnight showing, but I was given an opportunity to see the moviefilm at 7:00 PM, a full 5 hours before the rest of those loons who I saw waiting in line for the midnight showing at 9:45 pm whilst leaving the theater.

Let me paint you a picture, it's Wednesday and I'm on my lunch break about to grab my phone/ipod things to go for my daily walk (Side note, I will walk every day during my lunch even through winter in order to get a bodacious bod for the wedding that is less than 8 months away) when one of the firm's fixed income traders walks out and asks "Would anyone like to see the Harry Potter premiere tomorrow?". I immediately threw up my hand, like a reflex, it was instinct. I HAD to see it!

I was able to work my "magic" and get my friend Jen in to watch the show too. Not that I wouldn't go to a movie by myself but it's one of those things that's more fun when you're with someone.

Imagine this, you're signing in and they give you SILLY BANDZ (is it with a Z or do they spell it "bands"... I dunno I'm like 80) and a wristbad. We are directed up the escalator to a man in a wizard costume who reminds me very much of Mickey Mouse in Fantasia. What's this you say, he's directing us to our own special concession stand line? Why all of you know that concession prices are outragous so I will walk to my seat and watch the movie. NOT! Bank of America (who sponsored this evening, I almost don't feel mad at them anymore for making me pay all those overdraft fees. ALMOST.) provided all of the treats that we could want. So what does my awesome, self-sabatoging, ass get? LARGE popcorn, LARGE cherry coke, Sour Patch Kids, and Milk Duds... and I didn't have to pay a nickel! It was just plain amazing!

Anyways, it was quite literally a magical evening and I had a blast going with Jen! I highly recommend the movie to all muggles/mudbloods/purebloods/goblins/dementors/and other amazing creatures who's names I can't spell.

1 comment: