Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekend!

Relax friends, I'm much less bummed out than I was last week.  Sometimes no matter what type of progress you make you still don't feel all that proud of yourself.  I was actually listening to a podcast recently where one of the main guys said that even though he's down several pant sizes and belt loop notches he still looks at himself as if he never made any progress to begin with.  That's basically how I felt.

This weekend certainly cheered me up!  This Easley was in a short film!  YES!  I made my acting debut in the 48 Hour Film Project where I played Candee, the mother of 4 prostitute with a 401k.  I had exactly one line and I'm fairly certain I'm going to be nominated for an Oscar.  The whole idea of being part of this project was just exhilarating!  First of all, as the name suggests, the entire thing was written, shot, and edited within 48 hours.  I honestly must have pulled a stomach muscle laughing so hard, the people were great, very welcoming, and super funny!  I didn't take any pictures even though I wanted to because I didn't want to slow down the process of filming.  Regardless, you'll be seeing my awesome video within a few short weeks!

In other news, I've completed a full week of training at Full Potential Fitness.  Yesterday was my 4th trip to the gym there and let me tell you I pushed myself SO hard, but I was assisted by my wonderful trainer, TJ, who helped me with form and motivation.  We've been typically working on upper body which is great because I never know how to work different muscles in my arms.  It feels great! 

Yesterday, I had the day off for President's Day, thank you!  I certainly enjoyed having the long weekend but now I have to wait about 2 grueling months until my next work sponsored 3-day weekend.  With my time off I have less than 20 weeks until the wedding.  Time is FLYING by.  I still have about a jillion things to do! 

2 comments:

  1. So sad we missed the filming on Saturday! Can't wait to see the final piece!
    And I'm super jealous that you have a personal trainer. I reeeallly want one (i mean i need one) because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing with weights. at all. Then I'm surrounded by huge muscle building, sweaty men and I just want to go home. I need a new gym, but I'm stuck with this one until June...

    ReplyDelete