Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicago Blizzard

Soooo, getting home after work was a bit of a struggle...
 For those of you who don't commute from the suburbs... this is what a really freaking full train looks like... typically no one stands on the stairs in the doorways...
 Or mobs into each entrance
 The 3:45 train was soooo full...
 It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.  If you can't see, the interior of the train, there were people standing in allll of the aisles!
 This is everyone stuffed into the train!  Normally that little area is free and clear of people
 They announced a new train was opening up and there was yet another mob to the other platform.
This is what it looked like from inside the next train I actually made.  Those people had to stand the entire ride which normally doesn't happen... usually everyone gets a seat... like I did... I kind of felt bad about it...

Tomorrow is supposed to be the biggest blizzard in Chicago in a long time.  Guess I'm working from home tomorrow for the first time EVER!

UPDATE 8:36 PM
I forgot to mention that someone in this mess (while we were outside of the train) said that this was WORSE than the trains were on September 11th.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nightmare! Ug! I would work from home def. instead of battle that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you got a seat! I was on one of the less crowded trains, but one of the late ones. Wah!

    ReplyDelete