Monday, February 28, 2011

Once again I neglect my blog...

I try to write more than once a week people, I really do, but things at work have been rather chaotic recently and I can't always put my thoughts down on paper in time for a good blog post/idea.

The fiance and I had a great weekend!  We were super productive in regards to wedding planning and we checked some rather big things off of our list including:
-Buying our wedding rings!
-Figuring out the style for the tuxedo's for the guys
-Ordering our INVITATIONS!

Yeah so I had my heart set on doing pocket invitations at one point but at the recommendation of a friend, I decided to go with a much simpler route.  The Seal-n-Send!  The beauty of this invitation is it's simplicity.  The sheet is long with creases that stagger along the length that designate where it needs to be folded, when it's all folded up, you throw a sticker on the invitation to seal it, address it and mail!  My favorite part is the fact that the bottom of the invitation is the response card with a serrated edge that can be ripped off and it's a post card!  VOILA!

If you plan on going this route, I highly recommend Ann's Bridal Bargains website.  I promise I'm not getting paid to sponsor them although if they wanted me to I just might!  What I liked about this website was that it was easy to design the invitations and see a preview.  Other websites I tried were very old and seemed kind of shady... so yeah!  They're coming in a few weeks/days/whatever... I'm just glad we're getting this done!

By the way, I don't care if it's uncouth or something, I totally included my wedding website on the invitation.  I couldn't find anything really regarding etiquette (except for pocket invites?) about including your wedding website on the card.  

So now that we have these big things done/taken care of, I'm eager to start working on the smaller things.  I feel like the invitations and all that other stuff was some of the bigger things that needed to be taken care of.  The fiance and I now have to come up with an order for the wedding itself (the shorter the better in my opinion thankyouverymuch) and general order of the weekend.

Overall it's been exciting to plan so far and I'm excited for the big day, only 131 days away!

2 comments:

  1. We did invitations really similar to yours - loved them! We had our friend design them for us so that was pretty sweet as well.

    How many times have your tried on your wedding band so far...? People always told us that was bad luck, but I admired it just about every day (that is, until Nic put it in the lock box at the bank!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get it sized first so I haven't tried it on at all yet, just at the store! I'm sure I'll probably wear it walking around the house or something!!

    ReplyDelete