Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dream Job

I had a moment today when I just had to stop and say - what did I ever really do to get this amazing job?  I am honestly so excited and humbled that I'm working at Iowa State University.  I know that no job is perfect and every day there will be something that I don't want to do... but wow.

I plan parties conferences for a living.
Part of my work is being a journalist and producing a newsletter.
I promote the very school that I came from, work a few yards from the place I had my wedding reception, and just a few blocks from where I MET my husband
I have received 7 FREE tickets to ISU Basketball games this year
(That means that by attending these games, it's basically like I'm going to a work function, what work functions do you attend?)
I HEAR the campanile from my OFFICE!

I am so lucky.  I can't wait until I've really made my mark here at ISU.

I LOVE MY ALMA MATER!

1 comment: