Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Great weekend with FAB friends!

I should start off this post with a disclaimer.  I haven't been to Kosama since Thursday.  But I'm going back tonight.

So yeah - this weekend was a blasty blast.  Of course not all of it is appropriate for family to read so it's going to be the watered down version of the weekend.

Friday night my work had a holiday social, which included the campus improv group, Grandma Mojo's Moonshine Revival.  Long name, funny group.  Basically, after weeks of back and forth via email with the main contact we booked them and of course since all of our interaction was over email I introduced myself to the group when they arrived.  They were all really nice, very funny college kids.

Little known fact about me, I am a big fan of improv.  I wish I could do what they did but I can't.  Thinking on your feet and coming up with a ridiculously funny quip on the fly isn't what I was born to do.  That being said, I knew what I was getting myself into when I said the following line, "I always want to participate whenever I go to improv shows but NEVER get the nerve."  Guess who was picked for audience participation?

This is where I wish I had pictures.  I'm pretty certain no one took any... They were doing a game I've never heard of.  Basically, the audience comes up with an occupation, location and way to die.  The correct answers were Arizona, Accountant and Chainsaw.  My guesses were Golf Course, House Elf from Harry Potter, and Being Stabbed.  While it wasn't much of a success, I still had fun and definitely made an impact with the people in my office.  Now they know I'm quirky.

So later that night, the boyfriend of a girl I work with purchased a round of shots for our table.  Well, a friend/new-coworker of mine joked, "Are these all for me?".  He replied, "Yes".  And I believe her answer was, "I'll accept your challenge!" and proceeded to take 8 shots IN.A.ROW!  What is this, college?  Nah, even in college I would never do that.  Fortunately, word on the street is that she woke up hangover free (beyotch).

Friday NIGHT after that, we traveled down to DSM where we met up with Sara and Mike, or S&M for short.  We spent the rest of the evening at a dive bar where over $5 was put into the jukebox to play music throughout the evening.  The group of us returned to EGU's place for one final night there (he's moving this weekend) and watching some movie about aliens taking over the bodies of "three tarts".  I smell an oscar in the future.

Saturday morning, I woke my husband up after under 5 hours of sleep for the drive back up to Ames where I got my haircut (before/after pictures weren't taken - sorry!).  I got nearly 4 inches taken off and it was nice because my hair was getting ratty tatty.  Despite my best efforts, I doubt that I'll ever be able to grow my hair long enough to donate 10 inches to locks of love.

Saturday night was, how you say... a BLASTY BLAST.  After starting the night at a hotel, guest upon guest arrived, including 5-months pregnant-yet still freaking skinny Cathy comes (and graciously volunteers to be DD), my BROTHER was there, Jamie, Jessi, S&M, Karen, Miranda, Jen S., Erick and probably other people were there too.  Hey, we drank lots of fermented wheat - it's hard to keep track of everyone!

BROTHERRRRRRRRR!!
Unfortunately - I am still in need of a new camera.  I didn't take any pictures this weekend, but requested that those that did take pictures post theirs to facebook so that I may enhance my blog with multi media.

So, no pictures were taken at Miss Kittys.  Props were brought in honor of our birthday girl including a glowing wizard stick thing (not a wand) which I gleefully danced with alone on the dance floor when Baby Got Back played after about 30 minutes of country/line dancing music was over (I'm sure they were playing that music much longer, but we only had to endure 30 minutes).

The next morning - after about 2 hours of talking/starving waiting for people to get ready, me, brother and husband went to the Baker's Square.  Initially, we thought it would be packed with the church crowd, but were pleasantly surprised to find that we had our pick of the place.  They smartly threw us in the back, knowing that there would be 15 of us (it was only the three of us at first).  I instructed the front desk worker that "a lot of people in sweatpants will be coming, just direct them back to our table."  SMART.  Our crew gathered and recapped the night before and looked like models.

Ready!?

Birthday Girl!

Bro and husband
I look sleepy and a bit like the joker.

Action shot, Cathy is sneezing.

Someone buy me a new camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment