Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolution Season

Back to fitness, back to reality.

New Years Resolutions are a-flying and most typically include some sort of mention of weight loss, fitness, health aspect of ones life.  My resolutions have been made long before December... and they include dropping that freaking weight that I put on after my wedding dammit.  I am not lazy, I am a rock star runner/athlete that is not going anywhere.

They say that they typical newlywed puts on a few after their wedding and as I've already addressed... this is most definitely the case.  The more and more I talk about it the more and more I feel the urge to do something about it. 

Healthy Eating -
Snack on fruits instead of ice cream
Have dessert only once a week
Avoid carbs that aren't necessary (bread, crackers, etc) but be sure to include those good complex carbs from vegetables and fruits that help maintain a full feeling (sweet potatoes)

Exercise -
I joined Kosama, an 8 week program, similar to the better known Farrells which starts on Monday (Happy Birthday To Me)
Running - Complete the 10 Mile Soldier Field Run in May, as well as 3-4 other races (5k's an longer) before 2013
Get faster, race time should be UNDER 10 minute miles consistently

Measurable Goals - to lose 15-20 pounds this year, go down a pants size, and to run under a 10 minute mile

How - Listen to more fitness related podcasts and watch shows like the Biggest Loser (even though I know and you know that their lifestyle is unrealistic for me), attending Kosama 5 days/week, eating at least what my BMR recommends, but no more than 20% over (according to this calculator, it's just over 2000 calories a day)

Show me what you're working with - weigh myself regularly to mark progress, take pictures though out the process (every 5 pounds?)

I promise not to fall off the grid, folks...  That being said - Keep me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. I like myfitnesspal.com. I mostly just use it for keeping track of my weight/measurements, however, I've found that helps keep me more aware of what I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete