Friday, January 27, 2012

If I had a dollar...

This is something no one talks about, but I find it to be super amusing.

I absolutely get a kick out of it when I enter the bathroom and notice that someone is in there... you don't hear anything though.  Just silence.  Their door is locked while other, vacant stalls, are open slightly.  You see their feet underneath the door to their stall.  You know what they WANT to do, but can't because there is a guest set of ears in the bathroom.  Yes, you know what I'm talking about.

No one wants to make that sound with others present!

We've all been there, you're just hoping/praying that you're in there alone so you can do your stuff and be on with your life.

This isn't a perfect world though is it?  Especially when often times you'll find bathrooms that have multiple stalls in a room that echo's with silence and sound.  I understand that financially it makes sense to throw a bunch of stalls into a room - but really it's so much nicer when you're at a place that you don't have to share walls with another.

One story I can say, that isn't too vulgar, is one time I had to go number 1 (yes, this is quite appropriate and accepted among many a'bathroom goer).  Us girls are used to hearing that sound.  Hell we all go in packs - well I don't usually, what is that about? I once had to pee for so long, that it actually sounded like it was an inappropriately long pee.  I cut myself off, mid-stream, because someone else was in the bathroom and I was for some reason worried about being judged FOR THAT!  Well, I walked across campus to another building and finished my business.

Nowadays, I don't give a crap (pun intended).

But speaking of restrooms and saving money - can someone please explain to me why this is a regular thing at bars?

The Double-Seater
We may never be fully free to "go" with others in the same room.  But dammit if I don't find it amusing whenever it's not me locked behind that stall.

NOTE: I am aware that I have some new readers/co-workers to my blog.  Is this TMI?

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I decided a LONG time ago that I don't care what other people in the bathroom think. I'm never gonna see them again anyways...and when you gotta go, you gotta go!!

    ReplyDelete