Sunday, January 30, 2011

Health in General

EPIC FAIL.  That's what this past week has been.  I can talk a lot of talk about trying to work out at my little gym at my apartment but I sure can't follow up. 

That being said, I've lived an extremely unhealthy life this week.  That included having at least one drink the past 4 nights.  WOW.  That sounds like I have a problem, but to be clear I typically don't even drink unless there's a special occasion.  And every once in a while the fiance and I will have a "craft" beer from time to time on Friday or Saturday nights.  But really I don't drink all that often.

That being said, my diet has consisted of the bottom of the barrel junk food including (but not limited to) tater tots, pizza, beer, rum, ice cream, chips, hummus etc.  I've had very few vegetables and tons of refined carbs.  Basically I feel like a pile of lard today and I'm having difficulty breathing.  It feels like there is a small child sitting on my chest and I just can't get a full, deep breath.  I'm constantly yawning even though I'm not THAT tired.  I remember feeling this way a lot in college, I even went to the doctor to see if I had asthma - I don't.  But he prescribed me an inhaler anyways.  I now realize that diet plays a huge part in my general well being.  I haven't had this breathing issue in a long time and it would be a little far fetched to claim that this was just a coincidence. 

So I'm gonna chalk this week as a lesson learned and I am now waiting for my super delish chicken to finish cooking.  Only 15 minutes left!  Yeah nutrients!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - just got around to seeing who else blogs, and I had a feeling you do! Check mine out - The Stak factor :)
    I'm totally understanding the whole eating healthy...it's soooo hard! We should share ideas sometime!

    ReplyDelete