Thursday, March 15, 2012

Gay Ice Cream

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream has come out with a new flavor!

What an adorable name!
Apple-y Ever After! 

An avid ice cream enthusiast such as myself is beeming with pride to see a product you'll find in the grocery store (for now, only in the UK) that is not only supporting gay marriage, but cheering it on... well that makes me a new Ben and Jerry's customer. Currently, I have some Edy's Caramel Delight ice cream in the freezer, and while I'm not certain I'll enjoy an apple flavored ice cream, I'll certainly give it a shot when they bring it to the US.  Perhaps covered with caramel... mmmmmmmm!

Here's what Ben and Jerry's website has to say about the issue

And I found this gem of a quote on an article about the subject:

"All people want is to call their long-term relationship by the same name as everyone else. Our strong advice to those who disapprove of same-sex marriage is just not to get married to someone of the same sex." - Ben and Jerry's

The times, they are a'changing. 

One of the things that scares me about the future is uncertainty.  For instance, I'm uncertain that we'll come up with an alternative fuel source before we run out... that scares me for my future kids!  I don't want to have kids if we can't solve this energy crisis (that's another topic all together, so before I get started let me wrap this up).  One thing I know for certain is that the future is bright in some ways.  EQUALITY is happening.  For women, minorities, and gay people.  There are political candidates out there who are taking huge stands against women and gay rights now and I am praying that God sides with us lefties.  It's the smart thing to do for our children, our daughters, and gay children.

*Since we're one the subject, I kind of hope that I do have a gay child because I know that my love isn't conditional and I would never EVER disown my kids for who they love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment