Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Memory Lane

I miss my camp friends!




Today for kicks, I was looking on the YMCA Camp Greenville website and realized that so much has changed since 2003. First of all, it looks like the whole program has been redesigned... Division 1, 2, AND 3?  It makes sense because it breaks the kids down into more age appropriate groups...  But they younger kids are only at camp for 1 week instead of 2 like when I was a camp counselor. 

There is a high price tag associated with going to camp, which I already knew.  But I think it's totally worth it.  I still get a high when I think about my camp friends and the songs we sang and the inside jokes we share.  "Whateva, whateva, I do what I want" "KAZOO!" "T-O" "What happens at bel chere STAYS at bel chere!" "Toni, you're a lifeguard, save me!" "It's the end of the world!" 

I have decided a long time ago that whenever I have kids, they are going to camp!  And I'm super jealous of them for that!  Even though when I was a kid I was too shy to really enjoy camp, I feel like going to camp is so beneficial for kids... they get to explore what they like and find new adventures in every day life.  Horseback riding, rope climbing, arts & crafts etc.  Ahhh I loved being a camp counselor... memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment