Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Most Fun 5k's!

Running isn't for everybody... but fun certainly is!  Recently I've came across some insanely fun looking 5ks that are available nationwide.  Here are my favorites in no particular order... except the last one.

The Color Run


This 5k race requires all runners to wear white and ask they pass each kilometer a different color is shot all around them.  Each kilometer has a different color and you can elect to be closer or further away from the color source to choose the colors you end up with at the end of the race.  The color is a powder and painless to be hit with.  Apparently you can eat it too but that's not recommended.

The color doesn't permanently stay in your clothes, but if you want it to, you should spray vinegar on your shirt before you clean it and then iron it before you wash it.  I'm thinking about doing this run in Kansas City this year with my cousin, Alissa, and her husband.


The Warrior Dash

I especially love this picture because she looks so badass!

The Warrior Dash is another 5k, but this one has obstacles throughout the race.  Jumping over fire, running through mud pits, climbing up walls!  Yeesh, I'm actually signed up for this one in June and I'm not entirely certain that I'll have the upper body strength for all of this climbing :)  I'm doing this run in a town outside of Des Moines this year with my sister, Rachael and hopefully my Sister-In-Law Amy!


St. Patty's Day 5k Bar Run



Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.  Dress in green, run, and drink beer!  GREEN BEER I PRESUME!  This race is definitely a casual one, I'm pretty sure it's more about having fun with friends that your finish time.  Runners get drink specials at bars located along the race route.  I'm definitely going to enjoy doing this run with Kristina, Tara, Tiffany, Erick, Jory, Lauren U., Caleb and many more people who I can't remember if they're signed up for this race yet or not.

Run For Your Lives


HOLY CRAP!  So I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog before but this run is going to be epic.  HA.  Of course it's the only think I can think about for the past week.  This race is expensive, and actually gets MORE expensive if you wait - but I think it's seriously worth it. 

I realized while on the phone with my brother that the race concept wasn't entirely clear.  I'm not dressing as a zombie for a 5k, although that sounds amazing.  I'm getting CHASED by zombies in this 5k!!! 

If you're interested in this race but don't want to pay the $57 price tag (that's the cheap one, m'friend), I suggest that you register yourself as a zomie.  Doing this costs only $25.  Your participation is crucial to the race though because you can be a zombie that's chasing one of us crazy runners!  Basically the job of the zombie is to steal the flags off of the runner's belt.  The flags represent "health", without health at the end of the finish line, you become a zombie. 

So be quick and nimble and get out alive.  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

1 comment:

  1. heck yes you better come down to kc for the color run! so excited

    ReplyDelete