Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!



I guess I want to start this blog off right with a dose of awesome! This year for Halloween I was dun dun duuuuuuun!!!

A SIM! This picture isn't flattering by any means (I was kind of posing goofy Sim poses and my face totally captured the stupidity!!). Needless to say, I was overwhelmed with compliments on the originality of my idea! I hate to toot my own horn (just kidding, I love talking about myself) but I was really well received! By the GAY COMMUNITY NO LESS! What I loved about this was by comparison my costume was far less detailed, less makeup, less effort but I was approached by dozens of people! I was even in a picture with some girls who liked it!

Another bonus of being a Sim? Well I never got lost in the crowd that's for sure! With the plumbob (the diamond thing above my head) making me easily 7 feet tall I kept hitting the ceilings, door frames, bus exit doors, you name it! But the ceilings at Spin (the bar we went to) were definitely tall enough to accomodate me.

Here's the link I used to figure out the oragami to put it all together:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4532798_sims-plumbob-halloween-cosplay.html

What I used:
  • Green posterboard (the brighter green the better, especially if you plan on being in a dark environment). Approx. $0.50 each at Target
  • Glow sticks - I tried both the skinny ones (for bracelets and necklaces) and the fat ones (that you tie around your nect with a string) for the glow. I prefer the fatter sticks, but the skinny ones worked well too. Approx $1/pack at Wal-Mart (please don't hate on me for shopping at Wal-Mart, I'm a target girl at heart but they honestly didn't have glow sticks!!!)
  • A wire clothes hanger
  • Scissors

Optional:

  • Glue or Tape to seal the two halves together

Since this was such a low cost option for halloween I thought it would have been fun to jazz it up with a wig or wearing some fun clothes but money is tight, yo!

If you want to dress as a sim (copycat) I highly recommend it! Just promise to send me your photos! I'm sure you could do a better job than me! And give me pointers on how you fashioned your headband with the wire clothes hanger! Mine was SO TIGHT on my head that I swear I shifted the bones in my skull (TMI?). Three words though: Totally Worth It!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Your blog just saved my life! I took an early lunch & that means this afternoon is dragging!! You have one faithful reader here!

    ReplyDelete