Monday, November 9, 2009

The Weekend!



Whew! This weekend I'm really looking forward to a lot of things! Namely seeing Rent with Erick and going to the last home ISU football game (2009 of course) against Colorado. I'm really excited for both of these things!!!

I get to see ANTHONY RAPP and Adam Pascal live!!! First of all, I've never seen Rent live, but I've listened to their soundtrack enough to know it has to be amazing! I've got to admit that I have a teensy-weensy crush on this guy! My fun story about him is that I actually passed him in the street when I was walking home from work. Stupidly I didn't stop to say hi or shake hands or anything, it was the "deer stuck in headlights" moment where my heart pounded and didn't quite realize the gravity of what happened until after he passed and was about to cross the street. Sigh... So much for "No Day But Today".

Regardless of my celebrity misstep- I mean how bad would it have been to hug him, really?- I still LOVE his character and the play... except I've only seen the movie. I'm lacking in culture.

Speaking of lacking in culture, I get to be immersed in the heart of culture Thursday night when I take the 9:45 flipping Greyhound Bus overnight to Des Moines... I'm sure I'll have a blog entry about the people I meet on that bus alone and a separate one for the rest of my awesome weekend. I plan on downloading a movie to my iPod Touch and taking a sleeping pill so I'm relaxed enough to sleep on the bus, I'll bring my eyemask too because nothing says "I'm better than you" than sleeping with an eyemask after watching a movie on my ipod...

To bring anyone up to speed that's never been on a Greyhound... every time I got to the Chicago Greyhound station I notice the same things:
  • Someone on drugs getting restrained. (I assume they're on drugs anyways, otherwise they're just nuts)
  • Someone asks to borrow my cell phone... I'm not kidding at all on this one!!! The best part about this is that whoever borrows my phone doesn't leave voice messages or their recipients don't listen to them yet because I also always get calls from the people that the stranger in the bus stop called asking me who I am. NOT AGAIN.
  • Some poor person with a story that makes me feel better about my financial situation. (For instance, a woman riding the bus from New York to Mason City, IA to see her grandkids, this is like a 30 hour bus ride, an African refugee, etc)
  • Kids crying and usually ignored by their parents if not beaten by them in the bathroom...
Honestly it's hell on wheels and the customer service is undeniably the worst I've ever experienced.

Well F My Life because this weekend I'll be on that bus so I can get to DSM with enough time to shower and relax before RENT on Friday night.

I guess you've gotta take the good (getting to DSM on time) and the bad (avoiding getting decapitated) when going home. SIGH.

Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment