Friday, November 6, 2009

One Year Anniversary!

I had to make a choice early on whether or not I wanted to gripe on this blog or be more positive. Fortunately for you all I chose to be positive!!! Although the nature of this post may come off negative please understand that this is inevitably a happy story!

One year ago today I was laid off from my job at Bernstein... whew there it is! Now here's the scoop...

I'm sure everyone can relate to "real world" problems such as job conflicts so I'm not going to try and make this seem like a situation worse than others (rather I plan on keeping this story quite short), however I feel like my experience at this company was nothing short of reliving the drama and exclusion I felt in middle school. From the first day I felt their cold, unfriendly atmosphere. Since this blog is public I'm not going to get into the details of the personal events that transpired during my 15 months at this company.

Since I'm trying to keep this post positive I'm going to just move on to the happy ending (not the kind that can get you arrested).

I was laid off on a Thursday, Friday I was offered a temp job at Great Lakes Advisors starting on Monday. They went and hired me full time starting December 1st!!! I was so relieved to have a full time job again and with people that are fun to talk to and are FRIENDLY! I can't tell you how big of a difference this job has been compared to my old job! So in less than a month I will be celebrating my one year anniversary working at GLA as their Marketing Assistant!

The moral of the story, being laid off doesn't make or break your life. Odds are you're going to find something better. However, I do sympathize with everyone who is struggling during these hard economic times.

No comments:

Post a Comment