Friday, March 25, 2011

5k coming up!


I can’t hold it in anymore!  I am SO excited for my 5k next weekend.  I can’t believe it’s only a week away.  I’m really excited for the challenge, and I’m excited to push myself extremely hard!  

I’ve been practicing now for the last few months, focusing on cardio training as well as resistance training and I’m seriously itching to run and BEAT a lot of other runners.

I’ve never had a competitive bone in my body.  This competition is going to be quite a rush though.  I really do want to be fast and I do want to beat everyone I’m running against.  

Quite obviously I’m not the fastest girl ever, but I’ve set a goal of finishing the race in 31 minutes.  That’s a ten minute mile according to the calculator in my brain.  I looked at the finishers from last year, and if I do complete this goal, I should be within the top 30 women of my age group!  

So excited – this means that I definitely need to train tonight, tomorrow and Sunday!  

Goal for the weekend:  Run outside on both Saturday and Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. You totally sound like me:
    "I looked at the finishers from last year, and if I do complete this goal, I should be within the top 30 women of my age group!"

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete