Thursday, March 10, 2011

Warning: Desk only appears clean when I prepare for pictures.

Good day to you all in blogger land.  Just thought I'd share my afternoon snack with y'all.  I'm enjoying a blueberry greek yogurt with apples, grapes and strawberries.  Jealous?

The other day I was working out with my trainer when his girlfriend came in.  Super nice girl, very pretty, and super skinny.  Our discussion, while working out ironically, turns to who has the better french fries, Burger King vs. McDonalds and she says she prefers McDonalds (when BK is a clear winner, obvi).  And not only does she enjoy her own large fries but her boyfriend's fries as well.  So I said, "Well you're skinny, it does NOT show that you like McDonalds".  Her boyfriend, my trainer, then poked fun at her saying that "everyone's metabolism slows down eventually" and that this skinny girl, who doesn't work out [bitch :)] will eventually see the error of her ways.

So that got me thinking, was I somehow blessed with a less than perfect metabolism?  The kind where I gain 3 pounds after a fast food meal?  Although this seems counter-intuitive, I'm going to go ahead and say yes.  I've learned from my unhealthy eating mistakes of the days of yore and I'm correcting it at an age where my body can bounce back from impending doom [exaggeration].  So yeah, I feel pretty good about eating healthy snacks with lean protein, fruits and veggies throughout the day...

instead of those delicious BK french fries...

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to point out that CLEARLY curly fries are better, and for that it's Arby's versus Jack in the Box.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete