Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm sad to report that I'm not celebrating today with a beer, or an alcoholic beverage in hand at all.  I am somewhat recovering still from an incredibly awesome weekend with my Mom!  She's on spring break and came to town :)

At the dying of the Chicago River!

Me and the fiance!

We MAY have stopped in a bar for a green beer, and it MAY have been before 9:00 AM...
 We stopped by Ian's Pizza on Clark Street for some interesting slices.  Mine were Mac & Cheese and Buffalo Chicken.  The fiance ordered a portabella mushroom/roasted tomato/feta cheese and spicy beef taco, my mom ordered a Chicken Cordon Bleu and Spinach Pesto Feta.

YUM!
Let the record show that my fiance, over 5 days later recited the 6 slices that we all ate because my memory failed me!

Also for the record, I tried my mom's Chicken Cordon Bleu and that was definitely my favorite!
The Mac & Cheese was green in celebration of good ol' St. Patrick!
 Later that weekend I met up with my sister, her husband, and her kids!  It was a fun weekend, and now that it's over I'm sad to say that I didn't get any pictures with her or my brother in law!

But not before going for a walk with my mom and the fiance in a nearby nature reserve!

This picture was the best of at least 5 tries...



To celebrate his little brother's birthday, we decorated cupcakes!
It was such a FUN weekend!  I love it when my family gets together.  We always end up having a good time!

I miss you guys!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment