Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I lied

So yesterday I promised you all that I would to the elliptical machine.  I didn't.  I did you one better.



Did you know you can buy this on VHS at Amazon for a mere $16.95.

I thought back to my high school days when I was getting ready for prom and the workout I did back then.  Yessireedee, I used the 8 Minute Abs workout regularly.  Dammit, it was motivating.  Yesterday I wanted to do abs work after my incredibly awesome run so I thought to myself, "Self, how can I do a great abs workout in a short amount of time?"  I replied "Why, let's check out YouTube and see if you can do that amazing workout from the days of yore"

Sure enough this was just as cheesy as I remembered it being, but strangely soothing and motivating at the same time.  I love his "see you in 24 hours" at the very end of the video. 

Before working on my abs 'o steel, I did a pretty intense (for me) run.  I started at a 5.5 mph run and increased it 1/10th of a mile every 3 minutes until I reached 6.1 (all on an incline of 3 using the "random" mode).  I was pretty pumped that I was able to go that fast but at 6.1 I pooped out and walked at a 3.5 for a minute, then bumped it back up to 5.5 mph and increased it 1/10th of a mile every minute after that until I got to like 5.8 which wasn't all that impressive I know.  So I walked again at a 3.5 and then finished strong at 5.5 for about 5 minutes. 

I am running in my first 5k in a long time on April 2nd!  I'm extremely excited about it!  Less than a month away, I've gotta keep up on my training!

In other workout/fitness news, I have decided to continue doing group training after work 3 days a week.  The training is expensive, but not in comparison to the cost of personal training.  The cost averages about $25/session which is a lot to say goodbye to each month but I honestly think it's worth it to invest in myself and grow some MUSCLE!  My trainer, TJ, gets me really motivated and keeps pushing me to lift heavier and heavier weights.  I swear I can see definition in my biceps!  Every little bit helps and I can't wait to rock that wedding dress!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - My college roommate, God love her, stole this exact VHS tape from me when I moved to CO! HA She did it all the time, but laughed at me when I bought it (from Blockbuster) saying how would 8 minutes a day really work.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd send her the Amazon like and tell her she owes you 17 bucks (plus shipping)

    ReplyDelete