Monday, March 21, 2011

Frustration Station

Happy Monday everyone, hope that you had a great weekend! 

I have to admit that I had a little TOO much fun this weekend on the annual Hooligan's St. Patrick's Day Metra Crawl.  But that's another story.

It's come to my attention recently, or more accurately I've been coming out of denial, that my left shoulder is somehow injured.  The thing is that my shoulder makes a loud POPPING sound every time I raise my arm above my head and doing certain exercises with the trainer is beyond painful.  For the most part, my day to day life isn't affected so I'm pretty happy with that but I'm just going to have to go easy on myself.

And sort of embarrassingly, I have some sort of a groin injury.  Wow, that's certainly something fun, no?  Well I can tell you that there was no exciting story of how I got injured here no matter how funny you can think of.  No it didn't have anything to do with a child hitting me with a baseball a'la America's Funniest Home Videos.  Basically it's this tight sensation that doesn't allow me to raise my left knee off to the side.

I am FALLING APART people!

I can say that both of these symptoms began before I started my training sessions.  So I am very much at a loss for how these injuries arose.  Needless to say I spent yesterday afternoon icing them and trying to nurse myself back to 100%.  Well that, and watching countless hours of Harry Potter on ABC Family...

In other frustrated news, I'm still not really noticing any weight loss.  My first thought is that I need to do more cardio in addition to the weight training I'm doing on MWF.  So there you have it people, Operation Lose-Weight-For-The-Wedding still feels like a huge challenge and I'm just putting it out there so I'm not just ignoring it!

Currently I am trying to pump myself up for 2011's first run outside.  My 5k is next Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. stationary bike. I had to start using it due to injury, but now that i am used to it i am in love. give it a shot 2-3 days a week.

    ReplyDelete