Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm angry with myself

Ok, I'm going to be blunt this morning.  I'm very VERY angry with myself.  Since the wedding I have gained 15 pounds.  I can't even believe that I'm writing that because I just felt so good about myself back then and I really can't believe a short 4 months after the wedding I let myself go like this.

So I'm confessing to everyone that I need to make a change!  I can't freaking figure myself out and it's so unbelievably frustrating to weigh myself and see such a high number compared to what I'm used to seeing. 

Bottom line is I want to get back to the point where I'm proud of myself for being healthy.  Tonight I'm going to go back to Weight Watchers because I need to make myself accountable on a weekly basis in front of a stranger and to talk to people who understand the struggle it is to maintain a healthy weight. 

The thing that frustrates me the most is that I've been working out very regularly, I haven't let that slip.  The biggest changes I can see in my routine are a) I'm not going to a trainer 3x a week anymore, and b) I don't have an event to train for.  This is one of the motivating factors behind me signing up to run the Soldier Field 10 miler in May.  I need to amp up the cardio and be more careful about the junk I let into my body.

Any you are all the first to know. 

WISH ME LUCK!

6 comments:

  1. i gained 20 pounds in the same amount of time after our wedding...and I'm still struggling to get rid of it 2 years later. Good for you for stepping it up and nipping it in the bud early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to do the Natural History Run?? I forget the correct name of it, but I think that is it (2 weeks away).
    Did you ACTUALLY sign up for the Solider Field run already???

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't signed up for the race cuz registration doesn't open up til 11/11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I just sent you a text regarding your post - I completely understand your frustration. Since last month or so I became a Beachbody Coach, helping others achieve their fitness goals and keeping them accountable to them; give me a holler if you want to find out some more information - I'd love to have an accountability partner and to help out family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever heard of myfitnesspal.com? I dig it (and its free).

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. the above link is not spam, well, maybe it is, but you know me so it doesn't count??

    ReplyDelete