Friday, November 4, 2011

Library Card

Guess who's into saving money again?  This awesome chick?  Obviously! 

Ok, since moving back to Iowa (and not planning for a wedding anymore), the Hubs finances and mine are like insanely on track.  Of course we bought an awesome sectional for our living room and had to pay for a bunch of other things when we moved back but since that initial crunch, I'm pleased to announce that I'm totally loving the cheaper living in Iowa.

Here's a snippet of the list of a billion reasons why Iowa is better that Chicago-land:
-My car insurance decreased from $500ish to 250ish a month!
-Taxes are 6%
-Our apartment has an extra bedroom, bathroom and even an in home washer dryer for $300 cheaper than what we paid in the suburbs of Chicago.

Bad things:
-I don't get to see EK or SB as often :(

Before moving back to Iowa I bought a car (an AWESOME car) and now I have the ability to drive places such as the library where I can rent books instead of buying them.  Imagine that?  I haven't been this smart since I was in 4th grade. 

For the record, I've just finished Tina Fey's Bossypants, and I'm now reading Betty White's If you ask me (and of course you won't).  That's just like $40 in my pocket. 

***whistling all the way to the bar where beers cost $1***

No comments:

Post a Comment