Monday, November 14, 2011

Work Temptations

As I promised last week, I wanted to show you a picture of what my crazy all fruit/veggie salad looks like.  Here's what I had on Friday, minus the grapes because Husband ate them the day before.

Garbonzo beans, carrots, cucumber, tomato, hard boiled egg white, apple, olive oil and red wine vinegar. 
I was full!
This is going to be my staple for a while, not only because it's healthy, but it's tasty and very filling.  Plus, my jaw is tired and and some point I'm like, when am I gonna stop eating?  It's really simple to make too.  I like to do it the night before so my lunch is ready to go and it's one less thing I need to think about in the morning. 

I usually bring a banana or two to keep at my desk if I'm getting hungry before lunch, or I'll bring an apple. 

But you know what's the worst?  OFFICE TEMPTATIONS.

Ok, seriously, how does one say no to someone that's bringing around treats that look like this:

Gobble-Gobble!


This one looks sad that I don't want to eat it!  Just like all turkeys in real life. 
 So, how does one say no to such delicious treats.  A lot of willpower, of course... or if you're weak willed like me, you agree to take one [so as not to insult the maker] and keep it on your desk as a reminder of how you're going to throw it away later, or give it to your coworker. 

THROW IT AWAY!?  The dillema persists.  How do I throw away food?  There are hungry people in Africa.  There are hungry people in IOWA for crying out loud.  And I'm certain that there's someone hungry in a nearby cubicle.  But still the desire to not offend the creative party is there.

What if I keep it as a decoration to celebrate the holiday of thanks that is this month - or this last weekend if you're among my new inlaw! 

Gosh darnit. 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. One of the people on my team brought in cookies for everyone for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG

    **looks aways from the amamamazing turkeytreats**

    ReplyDelete