Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Group Step

I wish I had a picture or a video of my workout yesterday to share.  I'm extremely positive that it would leave you in stiches.

I went to the gym yesterday, I had the best intentions when I walked into that Group Step class.  Little did I know that there are complicated instructions to stepping up and down and around and to the side and behind and kicking and lifting your arms.  Whew.  I was THAT girl in the class who looked like maybe something just hit her in the head and couldn't quite grasp how everyone else was doing the moves SO PERFECTLY!?  Was I in a class of professionals?  I must have been. 

Of course, my eyes were primarily following the girl up front who had to be some sort of dancer doing little extra spins and twirls where it didn't seem quite necessary.  That threw me off my game. 

Step up, down, over, other side, squats!

It was seriously the most out of place experience I've had at the gym to date.

That being said, I can't wait to give it a go again next week. 

I'm going to weight watchers tonight for my first official weigh in.  I missed last week because, hmmm what was it again?  Oh yes, I got offered my dream job and instead of going to a meeting I decided to jump up and down and scream a lot.  Last week was a roller coaster for sure as I indicated in my previous post.  However, that was no excuse for not hitting the gym even once.  So I'm back on gym track.  Luckily, I can say that even with Thanksgiving with the fam in Omaha I didn't go incredibly out of control eating every sweet I saw.  I weighed myself this morning to get a preview of what's to come, and I anticipate a decent loss.  One day at a time, no?

I start my new job on Monday.  The new job comes with new hours - 8-5 I believe, and that means I'm not going to get to go to the same gym classes I have been getting used to.  However, since I'm starting later, that opens up the early morning classes!  This includes: Group Step, Group Power, Group Centergy (haven't tried this one yet), Cardio Drill Express (whatever this one is), and many others.  I'm actually particularly excited about starting to do a Group Ride class which is essentially a spinning class, but all these "Group" classes are some kind of brand where the instructors get their plans from the "Group" people (corporation?). 

This week has also been quite a blur so far.  My last day at my current job is tomorrow.  I'm excited to blow this popscicle stand.  Honestly the work has been less than fulfilling.  Plus the pay has been rather low compared to what I'm used to getting.  Now with my new job, I'm going to be getting insanely awesome benefits and vacation time.  I can't wait to write more about working at (what I hope is) my dream job!

No comments:

Post a Comment