Thursday, December 2, 2010

All About Hair

Hair:

A lot of things have been coming up related to hair recently and I know for some reason people find certain discussions of hair to be taboo so I'm just gonna embrace it.
Topic #1-
Straighteners
So last weekend when dear Fiance was in Omaha celebrating the wedding of a college buddy I was beyond words bored. Like insanely, uncool bored. This was the weekend that I bought the Sims - but wow that didn't even keep me super entertained.
It's Saturday night and what better time of day to go shopping. For some reason my money (or lack thereof) was burning a hole in my pocket and I'm walking through the mall with every intention on shopping at both Express and Victoria's Secret. Let's face it, sometimes a girl just likes new undies.
And I got suckered in to one of those kiosks where they were selling hair straighteners. Lordy let me tell you, they sure know how to sell. I was basically putty in their hands when I saw how "soft" my hair looked and how "smooth" it was (minus frizzies). So I went ahead and paid 140 bucks on a hair straightener.
Bless my Fiance's heart when I told him how much I spent on the new hair product he said "well you must have needed a straightener then" instead of "WHAT you spent THAT MUCH on a hair straightener?"
My short review is that it's ok, but if you're not really a hair snob like me then you won't notice much of a difference.

Topic #2-
Brazil

How many of you girls have ever, uh, visited Brazil... say in a beauty salon? For the sake of the story and the fact that many of my readers are family members I will tell you about a "friend" of mine.

See this friend of mine decided to take a personal day at work (read: sick day) and go get a few things done for herself. Perhaps she went to the gym or picked up a prize that she recently won...

Anyways on a whim she sets up an appointment to visit Brazil at 3:00. The only way to really tell this story publicly is to graze over the risque parts... I have a few points of the appointment that I think require mentioning.

-The waxer told me, uh my friend, up front that she doesn't visit Brazil herself.
-The waxer went over the SAME PLACES that have already been waxed, at least 3 times
-The waxer didn't get all of the hair out of Brazil

So anyways my friend called the salon and said that her experience was awful and the salon offered a refund and a free trip back to Brazil for whenever she wants it. Thoughts? Should she take them up on this offer knowing that part of the deal is that she doesn't get the same waxer again?

Topic #3-
Wedding Hair

A far less interesting topic than Brazil but still on my mind none-the-less.

Since the wedding is going to be in the summer, I'm thinking that I'll have my hair all up. This is only because I've been told that A) my hair doesn't hold curls very well and B) in the head of the summer having my hair down will be sticky/sweaty.

So here are a few hairstyles I'm considering, I'm willing to take opinions!





As you can see I'm clearly eyeing the twisty updo look. I think it will go well with my dress/personality. My hair wasn't meant to be in a perfect bun.

4 comments:

  1. um i have a friend thats been twice. but ill just have to email you about it. i mean ill ask her to email you about it.
    either way, id go back. why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair: LOVE the first one especially, but they are all great choices.

    Brazil: Go see Kylie at Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks E! I will never venture outside of bliss again! It was torture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timmy and I both really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete