Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tanning?

Ok, I have to write a new post for several reasons, mostly because I want that last post to not be the most recent thing that people see when they look at my blog. Also, it's been a while and I missed you!

I'm not tanorexic, I'm pale-orexic if anything. I don't go tanning unless there's a big event coming up and I was wondering what my adoring audience thinks of tanning in advance of my wedding. I'm pretty much sold on doing it once a week for about a month in advance (with a week buffer in between the last tan and the wedding) of the wedding despite the risks of tanning beds.

My reasons for wanting a little sun on my skin are:
-Preparing for a honeymoon in Mexico IN JULY, I want a base tan to prevent that big burn I usually get if I'm not prepared.
-Having a little color so I don't look ghostly in my dress.
-Going to a tanning bed to prevent tan lines! HOW TACKY WOULD THAT BE?

How does everyone feel about tanning? Do you go regularly? If so, how often do you go?

4 comments:

  1. ooo you do not want me on my tanning soapbox. i am 100% against it! definitely took part in high school and college and REGRET it all the time. you bet i hated being a pale chica at our wedding but i just can't justify the SEVERE damage it's doing.
    check into the sprays/lotions (if you buy decent ones you dont get that orange look) and when you're in mexico the best way to avoid that burn is not a pre-tan, its a chunky spf (no joke I use 70spf when we go to florida these days)
    no weas no:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what Alissa is say & 2nd it. Also, when you lie in those beds, you get a weird shoulder blade white spot on your back.

    I do have a few years on you & I promise, looking tan now, at your age, is not worth the life time of wrinkles it will bring down the road. Try out a quality lotion now, so you know what works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I actually was talking to a girl about this during lunch and she recommended a Loreal gradual tanning lotion, it's not a "big shock the next day" kind of tan, but slowly adding color.

    Rachael, remember how tan I was at your wedding? Ugh I had raccoon eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to disagree with the previous comments. I have very fair skin and didn't think going to the tanning booth was a good idea so I never went, but I would burn every summer. When I went to my doctor for a normal checkup and asked him about this exact topic. He told me that it is much better to go to the tanning booth and get a base than it is to burn. A sunburn does significantly more damage than tan a couple times in a booth. If you burn easily, he recommended to tan a couple times before staying in the sun for a period of time... in your case Liz, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete