Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week In Review #2

So here's another update for how this week went down. If you saw my post on Thursday you'll notice that I found a gym!! It's affordable and close by, like so close that I don't even have to step outside of my office building to get to! That's right, it's just downstairs from me.

There was seriously no one there!


Sunday - Pretty much a sharty day cuz I went out on Saturday night and ate everything I saw, tater tots, chicken fingers, fried macaroni bites, waffles, pizza. So yeah, I had a bad food "hangover" and still ate like garbage on sunday.

Monday - Back in the swing of things, doing the same old same old food schedule, basically I eat about 5 different things ever. I'm writing this day's summary on Thursday and to be honest I don't remember the deets (details, I'm gonna just shorten it from now on. Learn it)

Tuesday-Wednesday - Don't remember, but overall I give my eating a 7 out of 10 for those few days.

Thursday - I'm eating amazing today, haller. Cereal for breakfast, clementines for snack, then string cheese for another snack, then big salad for lunch, then another clementine/string cheese snack combo. For dinner tonight I have spinach and garbanzo beans waiting to be heated up. NOM NOM

Friday - (projected food intake) Breakfast, cereal, string cheese snack, lunch STEAK FROM LUX BAR, and probably copious amounts of alcohol leading to bad food decisions that I know I'll feel guilty about. Yes I'm planning on this. I have no will power

So I've been listening to my fave podcast, Fat2Fit Radio. And I have to recommend these guys over and over again. If you need motivation please listen to them. You may notice that I've incorporated some "cheat" meals on Friday, which I'm totally OK with! As I lose weight I know that there will be times when I have a party to go to, or a fun treat that just looks so delicious that I can't pass it up. The philosophy of these guys is that you should eat like the thinner person you want to become, and guess what, the thinner person I want to become gets drunk, eats steak, and cookies from time to time. I don't do these things often but I don't want to rule them out of my life forever.

I've also noticed that I've plateaued (spelling) now for at least a month or two. I'm at a weight now that I'm finally comfortable sharing with y'all in blogger world. 150.6 pounds as of this morning when I stood naked on my scale just after waking up and after going to the bathroom so it's at it's absolute lowest number of the day :) I'd say ideally I'd like to be around 140-145 for the rest of my life. My goal is to be able to eat so much food, maintain my weight and NEVER EVER feel hungry. The way to do this is to live like the thinner person you want to become.

This does not mean eating 1200 calories a day people! You are starving yourself if you're doing this! The Fat2Fit philosophy starts with each individual finding out their BMR, (BMR=how many calories you burn if you were in a coma). If you eat below that number, your body will start to eat away your MUSCLE. WhY? because it burns the most calories when you're just sitting there. If you get rid of an organ that burns a lot of calories then you're body will adjust to the number of calories you've restricted yourself to. So you've lost muscle and then when you quit your diet your BMR is much lower than it was before you dieted. Two steps forward, three steps back.

You are starving yourself if you eat 1200 calories a day people! Don't trust the diet industry.

Please listen to the Fat2Fit podcast. Figure out your BMR and never eat below it.

I'm gonna get off this soapbox.

1 comment:

  1. Wease, you should check out MyFitnessPal.com It's a great food and exercise tracker. I love it and it's totally FREE! And they have an app for the Droid!
    Not sure how good their estimator is because it told me to eat 1250 calories per day...haha whatever! But it's still a great way to track calories, sodium, fat and water intake.

    ReplyDelete