Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Running Songs

EDIT (12-23-10):
Turns out the day I promoted Grooveshark is the day they increased their rates for their mobile service to $9/month. I was a little perterved (is that how you spell that) that they didn't inform me that my membership which I was still paying for was invalid and that I would need to upgrade yet again from VIP to their new product. So after hearing rave reviews of Rhapsody, I'm giving that a shot at $10 a month. Updated review to come.


I've recently become obsessed with the most awesome music website I've ever encountered in my entire life.

Let me tell you why it's awesome:
1. You can play any song you can search for.
2. You can create playlists.
3. You can play them on your smartphone by downloading their app if you upgrade to their VIP service which is totally worth it at a whopping $3/month.

So with my new found ability to search for songs, especially newer songs, I'm eager to come up with the perfect playlist for running/working out. My goal is to find nothing but "Pump Up" songs. My personal definition of "Pump Up" songs is a song that when you play it you get energy from it and want to run faster, pedal harder, or just go absolutely bananas!

Here are a few songs on my running playlist that will definitely pump you up:
Andrew W.K. - Party Hard
Flo Rida Ft. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me
Darude - Sandstorm
Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
LMFAO - Shots
Enrique Iglesias - I Like It
*don't laugh*
Miley Cyrus - Hoedown Throwdown
Seriously, I love Miley. Let the girl smoke salvia, it's about a trillion times better than the drugs that her peers are doing. I can do this dance too. I think that's why I like it so much :)

Problem: My playlist is SO short! I need to have at least 35 minutes of music without repeating songs!

Solution:
Please comment to this blog with your fave workout songs, or songs you listen to before you go out to get you pumped up for the night!

4 comments:

  1. Free Girl Talk album, 1 hour of great running music.

    http://illegal-art.net/allday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll run though my list on my iPod & let you know. I have 3 play lists on my iPod. Regular music (stuff I like, but they can be slow songs), "running" music which are all fast songs that get me going & "Race" music. That's where I put all my good stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R-Oh I really want your RACE songs!
    M-Thanks for the tip, I LOVE GIRL TALK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Girl Talk album is awesome.

    May I also suggest:

    Oue Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance The Way I Feel
    Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
    Diana Vickers - My Wicked Heart
    Camille - Money Note
    Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
    Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid
    Everything Everything - MY KZ, UR BF
    MIA - Paper Planes
    Hot Chip - I Feel Better
    The Raconteurs - Salute Your Situation
    80kidz - Miss Mars
    We Have Band - Divisive
    We Have Band - Oh!
    We Have Band - Honeytrap

    Let me know what you think! Sounds like that app you have is similar to Spotify which we have here.

    ReplyDelete