Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Christmas Present To You

Oh Holy Crap... so I figured I'd go through facebook tonight and try to find a good "before" picture for you guys to see how far I've come. Here is a doozy. This was taken August 2009 so just over a year ago. All I have to say is O.M.F.G.


I should really get in the habit of taking more full body shots to track my progress, but here's one with me and the fiance from September 2010 (other full body shots taken since then I've deemed unworthy for various reasons, most commonly the fact that I look like a super dork unlike the super cool and modelesque pictures below)


Here is a super awesome pic taken in October 2010 after a night of drinking and dancing I thought worthy of sharing.


Now to be truthful, I probably weighed more on that top picture than I did when I started Weight Watchers, so I'm not lying when I say I'm probably down a solid 25-30 pounds from then.

I remember feeling sooo disgusting at this point. I basically hated the way I looked and felt. I think I needed to see this picture today because I'm having one of those days where I'm not happy with the way I look and I've even looked online for drastic procedures to change the way I look... I'm just being honest, who hasn't wondered how much liposuction costs before? Looking at this picture over a year after it was taken makes me realize exactly how far I've really come to this point. I honestly feel so much more confident today that this picture really feels like it was taken about 3 years ago. I don't remember looking like that so recently.

I've since donated that dress to some Salvation Army-type place in the Chicago suburbs so I can't try it on to do a really perfect after picture (you know the one, where the person is wearing jeans they used to wear but they're so big they have to hold them taught with their thumb outstretched so you can see exactly how far they've come). But I can tell you that dress was a size 14 and the wedding dress I bought is a size 8! Just typing that sentence makes me teary eyed. Nope full fledged tears just fell down my face. Still are. Yup I'm a sap but I'm proud of myself.

I've come a long way! And there is still more that I want to do with myself. I hope that this post is inspiring somewhat as to what a healthier lifestyle can provide you.

2 comments: