Monday, January 17, 2011

Biggest Loser Monday

I watch the Biggest Loser.

I don't agree with their philosophy on faster is better weight loss.  Or that they should look purely at weight loss rather than fat loss.  (Theoretically, a contestant could cut off their leg and lose 40 pounds and it should count towards their percentage weight loss)

But I watch it anyways.

Why?... Well it's motivational, and the contestants personal stories pull me in.

Other than that, can someone please explain the hypocrisy of  the show?  If it's supposed to be motivational and try to get America off the couch and being more active.

Then why is it 2 hours long?

3 comments:

  1. I have just started watching on Hulo and finished season 9. Yes, I got into all the stories but I am appalled at the drama they (the producers) create just for ratings. These are people's lives! And it is NOT a realistic way to loose weight! Who can work out like that? It's not recommended to work out like that when you are so obese because you more than likely injure yourself. I believe weight loss is MOSTLY about what we eat and THEN about moving more. That show doesn't even go over what they eat except to SELL products. Other than that, I do find it motivational and moving but I know it's all about profit to the network.

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get on my eliptical while I watch it! That's one benefit of having a piece of equipment in-home. That show guilts me into getting on it! I've lost 4 pounds since Jan 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH E! I wish i had a treadmill or eliptical at home... maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete