Sunday, January 9, 2011

Changing My Name

How can I POSSIBLY part with such an amazing last name? I mean, EASLEY, common. How does one let go of such awesomeness. I consider myself somewhat of a feminist, I have asked myself why does my identity have to change? Why do I have to wait in line and pay outrageous fees for changing multiple forms of identification?

Well let's just say the fiance and I have come to a compromise, the terms of which we've decided are between the two of us. So in 6 months from now, I'm gonna be Mrs. Salton. I will bring on the awesome. I'm really good at that.

5 comments:

  1. its funny that you posted this because i just looked at your magnet today and wondered if you'd be changing it or not!
    im glad i changed mine but can totally see why people don't. what irks me is when people also drop my first name. like things addressed to 'mrs husband lastname' im like MRS? thats all i am? thats all thats left of my identity? its mrs alissa lastname thankyouverymuch
    haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i added you to my blogroll:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH! Thanks for adding me to the blogroll! An exciting day over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know what to do with this name change business either! My mom had a hyphenated name and when I was growing up everyone thought she was divorced and remarried or something like that. Plus hyphenating Stork-Stoltz just sounds like an alliteration nightmare. So I compromised too and made Stork part of my middle name. I now have 4 names, but whatever, I got to keep my identity and my nickname still makes sense. :-)

    ReplyDelete