Saturday, January 15, 2011

1 Year of Weight Loss

I am not 100% sure of the date, but I'm relatively positive that today marks the one year anniversary of my weight loss journey. As you can see from my incredibly awesome before/after post I wrote at the end of 2010 I'd say I've done pretty well for myself.

Somethings you can't really see in a picture so I thought I'd write down a few of the thoughts that I had before and after.

Before:
-I'm so fat
-These clothes don't fit
-I have to untag about 30 pictures after going out last night hanging out with my friend who appears to work as a paparazzo (yes, that is singular for paparazzi)
-I feel like a slob, may as well eat 2 gallons of ice cream and a dozen cookies (maybe that's an exaggeration but still it doesn't seem to far off looking back)
-Candy out in the office? I'll have 10 pieces, they're small so it won't hurt me any...
-I can't lose weight, I've tried everything - I give up... (this is where Weight Watchers came in to play)
-I wonder if I can get away wearing this shirt I wore in college? What, it's wayyyy toooooo tight? FML
-I have a gym membership and go about 4 times a month so that makes my fit (and I'm lying to myself)

After:
-Check me out, I have a waist!
-Check me out, I have a collarbone!
-Check me out, I am awesome
-Check me out (you get the idea)
-Fitness and nutrition is a priority in my life, I must plan accordingly in order to succeed (for real, this is a regular thought)
-When I have a "bad meal" here is no such thing as "Starting over tomorrow" it's "start again RIGHT NOW"
-I'm gonna be a hot bride, I'm sorry to all you men folk cuz I'm gonna make you do a double take when I'm all glammed up and you can't have me :)
-I am physically fit and can do whatever I put my mind to!
-I'll do whatever it takes to be healthy and feel good
-Wow, these pants fit? I haven't been able to zip them up since (enter date at least 3 years ago here)
-My stomach doesn't appear to hang over my jeans like they used to... that's different
-My cheeks appear to be somewhat chiseled. When did I get cheekbones?
-This picture looks great for a profile pic, but I also REALLY like this one. There are too many good pictures of me to decide!! (There's a problem you WANT to have!)

One piece of advice I'd like to offer those just starting a journey of their own. TAKE PICTURES. Full Body. I know they're intimidating to take because you may not like what you see (yet) but I wish I did and now I don't get to see how I looked along the way. Or show you!

I feel completely different today, obviously. If you're reading this and you want motivation or other tips, please follow me! I plan to keep posting about my journey as it's still not over. If would rather remain anonymous, feel free to email me at thateasley@gmail.com. I'm happy to share motivating tips or give you my two cents for any questions you have. I look forward to hearing from you!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Woo Hoo! Look at you skinny girl. That is so motivating and inspiring that you took control and have made a change in your life. And now you feel so much better and have all those wonderful NSV's!! So cool!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words. You do look great! Be proud!

    ReplyDelete