Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Diet Season

I hate to be nit-picky, but can people please stop talking about ridiculous diets they're starting to lose a few quick pounds for some ridiculous reason?

I love supporting people on their own weight loss journey, but just as long as they're doing it the right way. It kills me to read on facebook that someone is attempting a 500/day calorie diet. I know that type of diet isn't sustainable and to be perfectly honest, it's borderline anorexic. I'm no doctor/dietitian/medical professional in any way, but I have smothered myself in this past year with motivating, educational resources that advocate a slow and steady weight loss. I feel like this gives me enough "smarts" to say that those diets aren't the way to sustain weight loss. I'm just sayin'

So yeah, here's to a happy and healthy diet season. Take care of yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!! "diets" (and their diet aids) never worked for me so I stopped trying a few years back. Just recently (in the last year) I started working on life style changes that will (in time) become second nature. Like you pointed out, "slow and steady weight loss" will/is easier to maintain because during the process you haven't deprived yourself of things you love to eat. Take care!

    ReplyDelete